Junior Web Designer/Front End & WordPress Technician
We are a full-service, web development agency with over 20 years of quality-driven expertise serving a diverse, international client base, in addition to building and promoting our own SaaS platforms.
You are a creative, engaging, flexible and professional collaborator with a great eye for detail, a determination to stay abreast in your field, and are dedicated to delivering your best every day.
Together we form a highly supportive, rock-star team that is committed to service excellence, integrity, and giving back to our community.
Skills, Tasks and Responsibilities
This permanent, full-time (30-40 hours/week), in-house position requires a good understanding of the web development process including: user experience and mobile design; development using both WordPress and traditional HTML coding; and effective marketing communications. A combination of many skills is required:
- Create and convert visual Photoshop concepts into functional website templates, landing pages and HTML emails
- Creative, graphic design ability (Adobe CC) including UX fundamentals, responsive layout, and effective calls-to-action
- WordPress front-end experience plus a good knowledge of plugins and conflicts
- Strong HTML, CSS, and media query coding skills
- Strong keyboarding skills, preferably 50 WPM or greater
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work quickly and manage multiple priorities effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high-level attention to detail despite frequent interruptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with the entire team
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a ‘persistence’ attitude; ability to quickly research and learn new tools and techniques
Nice to Have
- Divi and Elegant Themes experience
- Working knowledge PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with AODA standards
- Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Flight School certified
- Photography, video editing, and/or web animation
What’s in it for you?
- Wage and vacation package commensurate with your expertise
- Group benefits health insurance package
- Training reimbursement for completed, relevant course work and certifications
- Career growth and mentorship: The work you do here will extend and deepen your skills and enhance your self-development.
- A supportive team culture of wellness and caring
- Free parking and cake on your birthday!
If you are interested in joining our amazing team, please have a PDF copy of your resume as well as a link to your online portfolio ready and click here to apply now.
Position is in-house only, no remote or contract work. Do not apply if you are located outside of Canada or do not have permanent resident status.
We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.