With the continued expansion of the mobile browser market (Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry devices) it’s becoming more and more prudent for some websites – particularly content and graphically-rich sites – to offer an alternative, mobile-friendly experience. If you’ve ever tried to successfully navigate a busy, full-sized webpage on a 4 inch screen you may have experienced some frustration in quickly getting to the information you need.
A website built using modern technology and usability standards can often be easily reconfigured to provide a good mobile experience, giving you quicker and more focused access to current and potential clients. Sites that most obviously benefit from this makeover are:
- Sites with complex navigation structures
- Sites that are frequently updated
- Sites that rely heavily on text content
- Sites with multi-column layouts that become very difficult to read and follow on smaller screens
- Blogs and community sites where people are more likely to revisit or subscribe to using their mobile RSS reader
Check out these additional resources to learn more about why you should build a mobile website: